The Isle of the Skye is also known as “Cloud Island” due to the heavy mist that often covers the isle. It’s basically the largest inner isle, and nature lovers will truly appreciate the beauty of the isle due to its majestic mountain views, waterfalls, sandy beaches, and lush green grass. The isle is also full of remnants of prehistoric oak forests packed with wild animals including seals, otters, and a wide range of bird species.
Some of the things you can do in the Isle of Skye are as follows:
- Visit Kilt Rock and Mealt Falls
- Watch the sunset at Neist Point
- Take a tour and some whiskey at Talisker Distillery
- Hike the mountains of The Cuillins and enjoy the 360-degree view of the Isle of the Sky
- Feel the breeze and the stunning scenery at Elgol (if you are lucky, you can even get a chance to spot wildlife)
Visiting the island is easy. You can ride a passenger ferry or take a drive across the bridge that connects the isle to the mainland. Don’t miss any chances of visiting the Isle of Skye and enjoying the activities and destinations it has to offer which are worth every minute of your time.